Licensing with Eastern Canadian District
If you feel God has called you into ministry and wish to work in the C&MA, the next step is to begin the licensing process. The Approval for Licensing Process is a necessary requirement prior to placement in ministry in the C&MA for all persons serving 15 hours per week or more in a paid local church ministry role. Local church ministry is defined in the C&MA Manual as having “a primary focus on meeting the spiritual needs of people and/or providing church leadership.”
A church may choose to have a preliminary conversation with a candidate prior to candidating, however, successful completion of the Approval for Licensing Process is a prerequisite to hiring.
Requirements to successfully complete The Approval for Licensing Process include:
- Foundational working knowledge of the Bible and biblical theology
- Display of godly character and a consistent Christian lifestyle
- A keen sense of mission
- Full agreement with the doctrines and teachings of the C&MA in Canada
- Completion of the application package through mycmaonline.ca including a Police Criminal Reference Church – Vulnerable Sector Screen
- A successful interview with the Licensing and Ordination Committee
Once all completed application materials are received from the applicant, an interview will be scheduled with members of the Licensing and Ordination Committee.
Download the Licensing Policy for more information.
Once Approval for Licensing has been granted, most candidates must complete for credit Alliance History and Thought if they did not complete it during their prior education.